8.05.2010

Vegan friendly, comfort food. I'm a former Taco Bell junkie.


After looking through websites of ways to make fast food vegan friendly, if it's possible.
Which I found out it is! That sure makes a lot of things easier when we're out and about.

Granted, we rarely eat fast food.  It is always nice to know that it is still an option in some cases.

Anyway - along the way I read that you can substitute beans for meat at Taco Bell, which led to another lengthy process of deciding whether or not the refried beans at Taco Bell are made with animal lard, etc.  I'm not going to go through all of that here, I'm getting off topic.

What I DO want to share is this... because it's wonderful.

First things first:

Guacamole

I make mine using: avocados, lime, white onion, serrano peppers, heirloom tomatoes
cumin, smoked black peppercorn, and salt.

In the taco shell layer refried beans, guacamole, baby arugula, diced heirloom tomatoes and diced onion.


Trust me... it's ridiculously good.


No comments:

Post a Comment